Tech 100 Online: Basic technical training covering technologies and product fundamentals. For sales engineers, design consultants and service and support personnel. *Pre-req for Tech 200
Tech 100 Online Training is an AVIXA Accredited Course worth 6 Renewal Credits, please submit the certificate generated at the end of the course to AVIXA
Tech 100 Overview:
- KVM Extension & Switching:
- Traditional Desktop KVM Switches:
- Basic TL KVM Extension Solutions
- Learning & Understanding Benefits of a Fiber-Based KVM Extension System
- Basic TL Terminology & Understanding TL Fiber Data Flow
- Recognize TL Matrix Switches & Understanding Multicasting
- Understanding Blocking vs Non-Blocking Switching
- Basic Overview of TL Partitioning
- Basic Overview of TL Restricted Switching
- Recognize and understand differences between DVI-I & DVI-D
- Understand HDMI 1.4a vs HDMI 2.0 & each’s limitations
- Become familiar with DP and its bandwidth
- Identify Single Link; Dual Link; 4K Resolutions & bandwidth requirements
- To Understand Cooper Cable Distance Limitations
- What is High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection; HDCP
- How HDCP effects KVM Extension
- Version 2.x of HDCP vs HDCP v1
DDC & EDID:
- Defining Display Data Channel Communication
- Understanding Extended Display Identification Data
- Learning TL’s DDC Modes, covering differences & applications
- The direction of Edid data flow in a Switched environment.
- Identify Digital Audio Connector Types; RCA, TOSLINK, BNC, XLR, HDMI, DP
- Become familiar with Digital Audio Formats; S/PDIF, AES/EBU, Embedded HDMI & DP Audio
- Audio in an Extension environment.
- Understanding Embedded Audio thru HDMI, DisplayPort, and DVI
- Describe the differences between USB 2.0 & HID
- Understand the need to remove USB 2.0 at the User Level
- CAC Card & Token Readers
- Understanding Basic needs for isolated Video/Audio/KM
- Explain the differences between Multimode & Single-mode Fiber
- Know the characteristics of OM1; OM2; OM3; OM4 Fiber & Distance Limitations
- Identify all Connector Types used by TL, LC, SC, ST, Neutrik
- Recognize Different Fiber Cable Types; Zip cord, Distribution, Loose Tube, Breakout
All courses are offered at Thinklogical Headquarters, Milford, CT at no charge.
Tech 100 courses are offered online.
Tech 200 & 300 are only offered as instructor-led classroom training. If conducted at Thinklogical Headquarters, fees are waived. If conducted at a partner facility, Thinklogical charges a fee of $2,000 per day, plus shipping costs for demonstration equipment.
For Milford Travel Arrangements Please Visit:
About the Instructor:
My name is John Russell a Certified Technical Trainer on staff with Thinklogical. Over 10 years with Thinklogical & over 15 years experience in the field. As a seasoned Thinklogical employee I'll be bringing you our latest products and unique KVM solution training. Complete your Tech 100 Online training today to come to visit me in Milford, CT to participate in our Tech 200 & 300 classes!